Sunday, February 18, 2007

Withdrawal Treatment

Today is a beautiful day...chilly but very sunny. It's kind of windy, which makes it seem chillier, but still very nice. We had plans to get some house cleaning done.

Got a phone call around lunch time and made arrangements to meet with a nice lady we met yesterday. P. asked what I thought about going on the bikes. We could have ridden when we went out yesterday, but it was overcast and windy. The wind felt damp and cold. So we decided not to with the kids. If it had been just us, we probably would have, but I don't want to ride with the kids if it's too cold. Since it was nice and sunny today, and since we weren't going to be going very far, I agreed it would be a good time to ride.

So we went out on the bikes and it was awesome! I've been having withdrawals in the worst way, and I just feel so much better after getting to ride, even if it wasn't very long. The kids loved it too, and were kind of disappointed when we came home and put them back in the garage. The wind picked up, though, and the temperature dropped, so it was best. I'm just glad spring is on its way and we'll have more chances to get out and ride soon.