Friday, February 16, 2007

My Kids are Weird

We were watching a movie tonight. It was a bit on the scary side. So the hubby scared our girl a couple of times.

The boy was expecting to be scared the whole time, and was actually kind of disappointed at the end of the movie when we told him to go to bed. He started complaining about how he had hoped his daddy woud scare him. So I gave my hubby the look, and he caught it, as we were getting them to gather their blankets and take them upstairs. A. had given both of us goodnight kisses and had started upstairs. J. gave me a kiss and grabbed his blanket. Then he went to give his daddy a goodnight kiss. P. took that opportunity to scare the socks off him. His face was priceless, and of course he took it a bit farther and threw himself on the floor. P. and I both cracked up!

Was it mean? Maybe, but he specifically asked for it! Maybe we all need that adrenaline rush every now and then. Oh, and A., who was on the stairs, started complaining. "Daddy, you scared me!" I told her, "that's what you get for hovering on the stairs." We all got a good laugh out of it, especially J., who got just what he wanted.

Yep...my kids are definitely weird. How many kids request that their parents scare the bejeebers out of them?