Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Little Things

One thing I absolutely love about kids is the fact that it's so easy (usually) to make them really happy.

I had to run to Wal-Mart today to pick up a couple of things that I couldn't get at Food Lion yesterday. The hubby has had a slow leak in the rear tire of his motorcycle and wanted me to pick up some Fix-a-Flat. Food Lion doesn't exactly have that. Well while I was over there, I decided to pick up a couple of these for their rooms. I had seen commercials for them and thought the kids would enjoy them.

So when they got home and finished homework, I told them I had picked up something cool for their rooms, but they had to get them cleaned up first. Well, they got busy after that. They finished cleaning up and I took them up to their rooms for them, with instructions to leave them alone except to turn the light on and off. After all, that scented oil stuff can stain. They're just tickled with them! I think maybe our issues with having to have lights on upstairs when they go to bed may now be coming to an end as well. They decided they wanted complete darkness up there so they could really see their cool lights and the way they change.

And I meant to write about this the other day, but never got around to it. I just love my kids' school bus driver. He's always on the lookout and watching out for the kids. There have been utility workers in my neighborhood this week. One day they were right outside my house. That day when the kids came in after getting off the bus, A told me, "Mommy, we have a new bus stop!" I asked what she meant and she explained to me that the bus driver had let them off right at our driveway instead of the corner where they usually get on and off the bus. It's kind of caty-corner from our house. He had done that because he felt it was safer for them due to all the workers milling around the area. I know it's part of his job, but I just appreciate his thoughtfulness there. They'll miss him when we move because I'm pretty sure they're going to be riding a different school bus.

Oh well, like I said, it's the little things.