Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Oh, I Almost Forgot...

I was out in the garage talking to the hubby. He had fixed his rear tire (he had picked up a piece of a nail somewhere, which explained the slow leak), and had ridden it around for a little bit.

I came back in the house and he finished what he was doing in the garage. I sat down on the couch and started to settle in to work on my cross-stitch - a beloved hobby that I've been neglecting way too long. As I get settled, I hear "Oooooooooooo." It kind of startled me, because it sounded like it was close behind me, and I was trying to figure out where it was coming from. Then I realized that the couch doesn't sit right against the wall because it reclines. I leaned over and looked around behind the couch and see the boy's big head there. I started laughing and told him to get out from behind the couch. They both came crawling out amid squeals of delight. "We got you, Mommy! We got you good!" I'm not easily startled and they try but have not been successful up to this point. So I told them that yes, they had gotten me good this time. Then we had to tell Daddy all about it since he had been in the garage.

Silly kids...