Thursday, February 15, 2007

Useless Information?

I made a run to the grocery store this evening to pick up a few things. I really need to make a major trip, but I'd rather do that without the kids. As I'm walking by the beer section I notice they have Guinness Draught in bottles. All I've been able to find before is the Extra Stout, and P. isn't really crazy about it. So since they had this kind I went ahead and picked up a 6-pack.

When I got home, he had just gotten home himself. He had to be in Raleigh all day today. I told him about my find and asked if he'd like one. He said sure, so I opened one and poured it into a glass for him. When I turned the bottle upright after emptying it, I heard something. So I looked down into the bottle and saw a little something down in there but couldn't tell what it was. So I had P. look at it. He thought it looked like a chunk of ice or something. Well, I knew it wasn't THAT cold. Curiosity got the best of us, so he proceeded to break the bottle. He showed me what he got out, and we were still clueless. Hmmm...maybe I need to Google it.

So I came in here, grabbed my laptop, and Googled "Guinness bottle." This is what I found. I had never had Guinness from a bottle before, or a can, so had never heard of the widget technology they talked about here. I guess it's more for people who drink it straight from the bottle than those of us who pour it into a glass, but I still thought it was pretty interesting.