Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Homework

So my kids are doing their homework right now. A.'s working on a math worksheet. She's had several questions that help them put different measurements into perspective. Last week she had a problem saying that a grape weighed about a gram and a brick weighed about a kilogram. Then she had to decide which she would use to weigh two paperclips.

Today she had a question that asked about how tall her father is. Her choices were 6 inches, 6 feet or 60 feet. She told me she chose 60 feet because that is the biggest number. For those of you who don't know us in real life, my husband is a full 10 inches taller than I am, and I'm not short! He's 6'6" so since she knows that he's lots taller than most people, he must be 60 feet tall. I laughed and told her he's not 60 feet tall. He is more than 6 feet, but 6 feet is a closer estimate than 60.

I'm looking for a new template for my blog. I'm already bored with this one. So I'm on the hunt for one that I won't get bored with so easily. I wish I was creative and knew HTML because then maybe I could just design my own.