Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ugh!

It just wasn't in the cards for me to be able to sleep in this weekend. My kids just simply don't understand that Mommy and Daddy want to sleep later than usual on the weekends. We let them stay up later on the weekends than we do during the week, but they still get up insanely early. I swear I think I understood the art of sleeping in by the time I was their age, but maybe not quite. I keep hoping they'll figure it out.

This weekend, though I really can't blame my kiddos. I've already mentioned that yesterday morning the hubby got a call from one of his soldiers at 5 a.m. That call woke the boy up, and once he's awake, there's really not much chance of getting him to go back to sleep. He gets that from me. I love to sleep late, but have a difficult time getting back to sleep once I'm up. Well, this morning his work cell phone rang before 8 a.m. One of his potential recruits was in an auto accident last night. Ugh! Right now the story is that he wasn't hurt. I guess a teenager ran through an intersection and T-boned him, totalling his vehicle. I really hate that this happened to him, and hope everything works out for him as far as his recruitment is concerned. I hope he's able to get want he wants, what is best for him and his family. But at the same time, I'll be so glad when the hubby isn't in Command anymore. That damn Government cell phone is the bane of my existence, I swear! I cringe every time I hear it ring. Even when someone else's phone rings that has the same ringtone, I just wanna scream!

I plan to take full advantage of the fact that I'm not going in to the hospital tomorrow. I'm gonna put my kids on the bus and then go back to bed, or lie down on the couch, whichever suits my mood. I'll sleep all darn day if it suits me!