Thursday, February 8, 2007

Oh Well...

My day didn't get any better. The kids started again before they even walked in the door this afternoon. A. walked through the door first and slammed the door in J.'s face. I heard him yell. So I fussed at her, telling her it is NOT ok to do that. "Well, it didn't hit him," she said. She's gotten so bad about talking back lately. Maybe it's time to bring out the soap. My kids used to get along so well, and now they're being so mean to each other. I know a big part of it is the age, but STILL!

I got a call from J.'s teacher this afternoon too. He's had a bad couple of days at school. Apparently he's starting to do some of the same things at school that he's been doing at home. He has ADHD, and is on medication for it. Usually he does really well at school and then has more trouble at home. I can deal with that, because the whole point of having him on the medication is to enable him to focus at school. We've been trying to teach him to control himself without having to increase his dosage, because I definitely don't want the medication to become a "crutch" for him. P. and I have been noticing a significant difference over the last couple of months, and now it's affecting him at school, too. I guess I'm going to have to break down and talk to our P.A. about increasing his dose.

It's just been a really stressful day. I know a bit part of it for me is the I-hate-my-job-itis. Hopefully everything else will start to calm down a bit once I've eliminated that factor. I'll have to post later about the voicemail I had from the VP for Human Resources last week. Can we say too little, too late?