Sunday, February 11, 2007

Family

It isn't often that we have the opportunity to get the whole family on both sides together. Yesterday was one of those times. Well, not quite the WHOLE family, because my brother wasn't there, nor was my sister's husband, but the closest we've come in a very long time.

J. had a basketball game yesterday. My mom has been at most of the games. My sister comes when she can. P.'s parents and sister usually come down when they can, too. They live about an hour away. Well, this time, P.'s brother and his wife were in for the weekend, and they came to his game too. My sister was able to come with the baby, so I got to play with her for a little bit. After the game we all went out to lunch, minus the hubby because he had some issues come up with work, so I had to drop him off at the house to take care of some stuff.

But it was a pretty nice day. We all had to lie down for a nap, though. The hubby had gotten a phone call at 5 a.m. from one of his soldiers, and that woke the kids up, so of course we weren't able to really get any more rest yesterday morning. They really weren't convinced that they needed a nap since I normally don't make them take one anymore, but I put my foot down this time.

I'm not feeling so hot today. Scratchy throat and a little achy. I've managed up to this point to dodge the bullet of the bug that's been going around, even when everybody else in my house was sick. I'm afraid my luck may have run out though. I hope I'm wrong. Guess I'd better go shower and get dressed so we can go to the in-laws' to visit with the hubby's brother and his wife before they head back home today. I always enjoy spending time with them. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!