Monday, April 30, 2007

I Need to do This More Often...

I'm trying to finish up my paper that's due for my class tonight, and I stepped outside on the front porch for a minute to clear my head. It was so nice, and the sounds of the birds and the crickets were so calming, I decided to bring my laptop out here to work.

It's so peaceful here. Yes, we're still in a subdivision, but we're in the farthest part of the subdivision. We live on a dead end road, and the road that intersects with the other end of this road also comes to a dead end. So there is very little traffic back here beyond the folks who live back here. I can hear the sounds of the bypass in the background while I listen to the crickets, and it almost reminds me of sitting on the back porch at my grandma's house in West Virginia at night when we'd go to visit them. Good memories.

Oh well, back to my paper. That was just something that popped into my head that I thought I'd share. I have to say...I love wireless. I just wish I could figure out why the heck my laptop keeps dropping my home wireless network, or vice versa.