Tuesday, April 3, 2007

NC Weather

You've gotta be kidding me!

I've been waiting for it to rain pretty much all day, because it's been in the forecast. While we were at the new house having the satellite installed, it started sprinkling and thunder was rolling in the distance. We did get a little bit of rain while we were there this evening.

After we left the house, we made a quick run over to McDonald's for supper. I really need to go the grocery store, but I've been putting it off as long as possible so that when I do go to the grocery store I can just take the new groceries to the new house instead of having to worry about moving them from the old house to the new one.

There was a severe thunderstorm warning until 8:15 tonight when we got home, but they ended up extending it to 9:30. We finally starting seeing lightening and hearing thunder starting at about 9:15 tonight, so they ended up extending the warning again. The hubby went to bed around 10 p.m. although I'm still up. That's pretty typical for us...I'm a bit more of a night owl that he is. After all, when the kids are in school, I can usually take a nap after I get them off to school in the morning. So as I was sitting here reading blogs, the rain started sounding awfully loud. I walked over to look out the door to the back patio, and we were having pea-sized hail falling along with the rain. It's still about 70 degrees outside, and is supposed to be in the mid-80s again tomorros, so I was kind of surprised about the hail. The hubby even came downstairs to investigate, and we both stood at the back door watching for a couple of minutes.

He said, well, the hail probably isn't enough to cause much damage. It could probably ding up my new car pretty good. I hope not, though.