Saturday, April 7, 2007

Moving Days

Well, we got started moving today. We didn't get a lot of stuff moved over, but we got a few of our larger pieces of furniture moved.

We were able to sleep in some this morning. When we got up and the hubby cooked pancakes for the kids, I had to go upstairs to tell them to come down for breakfast because they had the door to the bonus room closed. I asked them why they had it closed, and they said "so we didn't wake you up." Awwww! They're finally getting it! :-)

Once we had breakfast and coffee, the first thing we did was go over to my mom's to get the bedroom suite she gave me. It's the one she and Daddy used in their bedroom for almost as long as I can remember. We got the bed taken apart, and the mirror taken off of the dresser, and then started bringing everything downstairs to load on the truck. That was fun. That furniture is nice and solid, and of course quite heavy. But we got it all loaded up and moved over to the new house.

After we unloaded that, we came over to the rental to start loading things up to take over to the new house. The hubby had already moved the dining room table and chairs over a few days before. Today we decided to empty out the buffet and take it over. The small china hutch that we've had in the entryway here was the next thing to be put on the truck. He also wanted to go ahead and take over the entertainment center that he built for our big screen TV, which we've had upstairs in our bedroom because it won't fit in the family room in this house. So after we got the buffet loaded (that baby's HEAVY), we went upstairs and emptied out the entertainment center and got it on the truck. After that, we still had room for a couple more pieces. So one of the cedar chests and the wine rack the hubby built a couple of years ago were loaded up, and once he got all that tied down, he was ready to go.

While he was tying down the furniture, I busied myself boxing up some of the things we had taken out of the different pieces of furniture to take over to the new house. We're really trying to make this move as simple as possible (if simple could ever be used to describe a move) by putting things in boxes, taking them over to the house, and putting them away right away. So we went to the new house and unloaded his truck and my car, and then called it a day. I'm gonna be so sore tomorrow! I told the hubby I think I got my workout today - weight training!

This will serve as a reminder to me about why we never do DITY moves. We always let the Army move us.

I haven't forgotten about pictures. I just haven't had a chance to get any good ones yet. I'll put up a few that I took before we closed on the house, but I really want to post more once we get mostly moved in. But I know I have at least a couple of friends who really want to see pictures, so I'll put some of those others up.