Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Road Trip!

We're going to the Outer Banks this weekend. I've been looking forward to this trip since before Christmas when we registered for the Rally. I figured this would be an awesome trip for several reasons. For one thing, we get to be on the bikes all weekend. How awesome is that? Not to mention the fact that we get to tour the Outer Banks while we're at it. There are lots of rides and events planned that look like fun. Even though I grew up here in North Carolina, I've never really gotten to see the Outer Banks. So I'm really excited about that. Plus, what better way to see this beautiful part of the state than on a motorcycle!

The hubby's bike isn't ready yet, so he's riding mine. I've got my mom's Sportster that she's letting me ride. She doesn't ride long distances herself yet, so she's riding with her boyfriend. The Sporty is quite a bit smaller and lighter than mine, not to mention the higher center of gravity it has, so it's going to be really different. Once I get going though, and really get the feel for it, I'll be fine.

The only down side is that the forecast for the weekend is isolated or scattered T-storms Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Oh well, if it gets too bad we'll pull off and find something else to do. I'm not too worried about it and certainly don't plan to let it ruin my weekend. There's a first time for everything, after all, and maybe this will be my first experience riding in the rain. I've pretty much been a fair weather rider up to this point.

So we leave some time tomorrow, depending on when everybody's ready to go, and will be back Sunday. I plan to have good stories and pictures to share from this trip.