Monday, April 9, 2007

Spring Break

I love my kids more than anything.

But I'm ready for them to go back to school!

Today is the last day of their three-week intercession. For the last week they've been fussing and fighting almost constantly. They get tired of each other after about two weeks. But when I separate them and tell them to leave each other alone for a while, they beg me to let them play together again with promises of no more fussing.

I'm glad they're in year-round school. At least I only have about a week of fussing to put up with, with the exception of summer when they have six weeks off. I don't know what we'd do if they had three months during the summer.

Tomorrow's going to be wonderful. I'm going to enjoy the few hours of peace and quiet while they're in school. Hopefully I can get motivated to finally start going to the gym again.

UPDATE:

I just had a reminder of why I'm not able to get anything done when they're home.

I was trying to load clothes from our closet into my car to move them over to the new house. As I came back inside after taking some out, I hear them whispering, one asking the other if I'm coming (I can't always tell their voices apart when they're whispering). I guess one of them was supposed to be the lookout for the other.

So I went upstairs and asked what they were doing. At first, they claimed to be doing nothing, but the guilt was written all over J's face. A's a much better liar than he is, which is scary. I asked what they were sneaking. A insisted they weren't sneaking anything, but J finally fessed up to sneaking candy out of their Easter baskets.

"We were hungry for a snack," A said.

Yeah, they're starving. No more candy for them for the rest of the day.