Sunday, April 8, 2007

I Love My Kids

They remind me to appreciate the little things.

I love the fact that they usually still call me "Mommy." Sometimes they call me "Mom," but it's usually "Mommy." I love that. They pretty much always call the hubby "Daddy." I called my dad "Daddy" up until the day he died. So I guess it just makes sense that my kids would have a lot of the same habits.

We were driving back from my mom's house today, and out of the blue, the boy says, "a helicopter shape!" What? He was looking at the clouds. One of the clouds looked just like a helicopter minus the propeller. As I was looking at the cloud he pointed out to me, and making sure the hubby saw it, I tried to remember when was the last time I sat out and watched the clouds just to find shapes. I can't remember. So we talked about the shapes of clouds most of the afternoon, and listened to them point out different ones.

Gosh, I love my kids.

They keep us young. Have to in order to be able to keep up with them.

There's never a dull moment with them, and I look forward to future adventures with them.