Tuesday, May 1, 2007

One Little Mishap

Since I told the hubby's story from the trip we took to the mountains, it's only fair that I tell mine from this past weekend. Mine's pretty funny though. Then after this I'll have lots of fun stories to tell, I promise. This one I can tell pretty quick.

When we made it to Kill Devil Hills Thursday evening, the first thing we did was get checked into our hotels. The hubby and I were staying at the Days Inn Oceanfront, and my mom and her boyfriend were staying in a Comfort Inn a couple of blocks up. Once we got checked in, we went to dinner.

After dinner, we came back to our hotel. My mom and her boyfriend pulled into the parking lot of our hotel behind us. The hubby and I had a dunefront room, so we drove to the back of the parking lot to find a spot closer to our room. There were none open back there, so I went to do a U-turn to go back to the front of the hotel. I was in front, the hubby was behind me, and then my mom's boyfriend was behind him. As I was in the middle of the turn, the motorcycle stalled. If you'll recall, I was riding my mom's bike, which is a Sportster, which is much more top-heavy than my bike is. So since I had the handlebars turned, that thing went right over. I tried to stop it, but there was no way I could. So I just got myself out from under it and let it go. I had gotten up and almost had the bike upright before the hubby could get mine in neutral and get off of it to help me out. I was a bit embarrassed, but just fine otherwise.

I apologized to my mom, but of course she was more worried about me. I promised her I was fine. I did bruise myself from the way I landed, so I'm pretty sore, but I can't really complain. We got it started back up and the hubby kept asking me if I was ok, and I finally pushed his hand away and made him move so I could get back on and ride it to the other side of the parking lot. He just laughed. There is one little scratch on the casing of the side it fell on but my mom wasn't sure if that happened when I dropped it that night or not.

So there's my embarrassing story. I'll have fun ones up soon.