Sunday, March 4, 2007

Tarheels Basketball

I don't usually blog about sports, because to be perfectly honest, I don't usually follow sports.

This week is different. When we picked up the kiddos from the in-laws, we stopped on the way home for dinner at Hooters. My kids love Hooters, and so do we. Their roasted oysters are yummy!

Well, when we got there, they had the UNC-Duke basketball game on. My friend Marc blogged about the game and the effect it has had on the standings for the ACC tournament. We were watching the game and saw the incident between Tyler Hansbrough and Gerald Henderson. Let me just say right now that although I don't follow sports, I've always been a Tarheel fan.

Here's a story about what went on between Hansbrough and Henderson. I'll have to see if I can find a video later, and then see if I can figure out how to add it to my blog. I watched replay after replay after replay of this incident, and I don't understand how anyone could think it was an accident.

I'll have to do some research later on the incident. Henderson was ejected from tonight's game (which only had a few seconds left on the clock), and was suspended from one game. I personally think he g0t off easily. I think he should have been suspended for the rest of the season. It's one thing to try to block a shot and accidentally hit someone, but it's a completely different thing to blatantly attack someone. If Henderson had truly been trying to block the shot, he could have chosen to try to avoid hitting Hansbrough when he realized the ball had already left his hands. Yes, he probably would still have fouled him, but it wouldn't have been nearly as bad.