Saturday, March 31, 2007

Slept In

All that painting yesterday must have really worn the kiddos out. Since it was Friday, and since we finished up and ate dinner so late, it was after 10 before they went to bed. That doesn't usually matter, though. They're usually still up with the sun and the birds. This morning was different, though. The hubby had to go in to work this morning, and he had to be out at Spring Lake by 8:00. They're having a Future Soldier event today, which means that the future soldiers (I think they're those who have done the paperwork but not shipped out yet) get to go and get a taste of what it's like to be a soldier. There are different things they do, and I think they're doing a range and maybe the obstacle course or something today. They did an event with the Golden Knights a few months ago, and I think that one was my hubby's favorite.

There I go getting off on a tangent again. Anyway, it was probably about 7:30 when he left the house this morning. The kids were still in bed. Here lately they've been up before 7:00. I'm not exactly sure what time they got up, because when they did they went into the bonus room and started watching a DVD. This is the first weekend in a LONG time that they didn't come in to wake me up, bugging me about breakfast. The boy thinks he has to eat as soon as his feet hit the floor in the morning - he's been like that since he was a baby. That's definitely a trait he gets from his daddy's side of the family - my family moves much slower in the morning. But even though they were just down the hall this morning, they were quiet enough that I barely heard them. So I was able to crawl out of bed when I was good and ready this morning. And I even had time to get some coffee made and have a little quiet time before they came downstairs to eat. So I was much less snippy with them since they let me allow the fog to clear before bombarding me this morning. Hopefully this will be a new pattern of behavior.

Hey, I can dream, right?