Saturday, March 31, 2007

More Painting

We finished painting A's room this evening. The name of the color now on her walls is Ballerina Pink. I know that those of you who know her are shocked and amazed that this girl chose PINK for her room! ;-)

Just as I was with the boy's room, I'm really happy with the way her room looks. The pink she chose is a really nice color. She gets to have a pink room without having a "Pepto-Bismol" color room. It's a nice, soft, soothing color, and I think she's going to be happy with it for quite a while. When she told us she wanted a pink room, I was a bit concerned about the color she would choose, although I was determined to let her choose whatever shade she wanted. She was so cute tonight after we finished and as I was taking the tape off the baseboards and stuff. She said, "Mommy, my room makes me feel like I'm in dance class! I love it!"

The border she chose for her room has just enough of the brighter pink and other colors to add a bit more "pop" to her room. The pink on the top and bottom edges is just a bit darker than the color she chose for her walls.
Again, I'm so glad we let them choose their own wall color and help paint. I think it has really made them feel like they're an important part of the whole process. And that's important for kids, especially as they get to the age my kids are and older. I have pictures of each of their rooms as they look now. I'll take more pictures once we get their borders up and I'll share them all then. If I'd known buying a house was going to be so much fun, we'd have done it a long time ago!