Thursday, March 15, 2007

Baby

I have a baby in the house again two days a week.

Since I stopped working, my sister asked me if I would be willing to keep her baby girl part time. Of course I agreed. I'm grateful for the chance to spend time with her while I'm here. Her mother-in-law keeps her Mondays, Tuesdays, and half a day on Wednesdays (my sister gets off early on Wednesdays). Then I have her on Thursdays and Fridays. I love it! The first couple of days were kind of challenging. It's an adjustment to get used to having a baby around when you're used to having "big kids." But this is my second week, and the baby and I are starting to settle into a comfortable routine. She is an incredibly easy-going, sweet baby. I almost think she enjoys me almost as much as I enjoy her, judging from the grin I got from her when I went to pick her up this morning.

I can't express enough how much I LOVE the opportunity to spend this time with her. I feel more fortunate than I could ever tell you, especially considering the fact that this is the first time the hubby and I have been able to come home to live in the entire twelve years we've been married. So, yep, I'm gonna take advantage of it. And I just love that my sister asked me to. The only bad thing will be the withdrawals I'll have when we leave.

For those of you who are wondering if this makes me want another of my own (because I'm sure someone would think of asking me that question)...nope. I'm very content with my little family, and I honestly believe we made the right choice to stop after two. But I sure enjoy having babies around when I get to play with them and spoil them (and then give them back to Mommy)!