Saturday, March 10, 2007

One of Those Days...

I love my kids more than I could ever express here. And I try to express to them that even on the days when they frustrate me beyond belief, I love them more than life itself. Today was one of those incredibly frustrating days.

LL, I was hoping to be evil and blog about riding today, but it just wasn't in the cards.

The hubby had to go in to work this morning. I wanted to sleep in, but since he had to go to work, I had to get up with the kids and make sure they didn't destroy the house. So I got up, had my coffee, and gave them their cereal for breakfast. Then they played upstairs while I tried to catch up on my school work while also chatting with a friend of mine.

About 1:00 p.m. I called them down for lunch...they had a late breakfast after all. While they were eating lunch, the hubby came home. He had ridden his bike in to work this morning, and wanted us all to go out riding together this afternoon. The kids acted really excited, so I told them that they needed to hurry and clean up their mess upstairs while I took a shower and got ready to go.

To make a long story short, they took a minimum of 4 hours to do what should have taken a half hour to do. So we didn't get to go out riding this afternoon. Yeah, we could have gone anyway, but they HAVE to learn to clean up their messes if they want to do fun things. I tried to explain to them that the 4 hours they spent cooped up in their rooms cleaning were 4 hours we could have been out riding the bikes having fun. I'm not sure whether it sank in or not.

So the time "Springs Forward" tonight.

We'll see how the monsters adjust...