Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

St-Patricks Day MySpace Glitter Graphics

Yeah, I know...the day's almost over. Better late than never, though, right?

We've had a pretty quiet day around here. Definitely nothing like last year. I told the kids to remember what day it was, and they made sure to put on something green. I was wearing one of my 1ID T-shirts for a while today when I first got up, which fortunately has green in it. The hubby had not a stitch of green on for a while, though, until we got ready to go out for a while. So the boy gave him a pinch, and so did I.

We went and had some lunch in Fayetteville today, and then rode over to the Harley shop and another motorcycle place called Steel Dreams to look around a bit. We came home and the kids played outside for a while and I rested on the couch for a bit. The hubby cooked dinner tonight, which was nice.

I've been sitting here reminiscing about last year. The hubby and I joined our best friends at Yesterday's in Vilseck (the club on post there) for the St. Patrick's Day Beer Crawl that the Community Club sponsored. We had a great time. Good music, plenty of green beer, and great friends. I won a bar light in the raffle, which unfortunately got busted in the move. I was pretty disappointed about that. But it's times like this, thinking about the good times we had, that I miss my friends the most. I can't believe that was a year ago...sometimes it seems like just yesterday.

I hope you all had a great St. Patty's Day, however you chose to spend it.