Sunday, March 4, 2007

Our Weekend

I haven't written in a couple of days, but I've been pretty busy...well, sort of.

Friday I didn't feel very well. I had a headache most of the day and felt queasy and just completely run down. I had absolutely no energy at all. The hubby called me a little after noon and asked if I wanted to go have lunch. The weather was beautiful and he had ridden his motorcycle to work and figured I would want to go ride with him to lunch. Even though I didn't feel very well, I did want to go to lunch with him and I thought the ride might make me feel better. Well, I enjoyed the ride and lunch, but didn't really feel better. I came home and laid back down for a while. Fortunately the kids were pretty good and played fairly quietly so I was able to rest at least long enough to get rid of the headache. The hubby hadn't slept well the night before, so he took a little nap here in his chair when he got home from work. Fortunately we had enough leftovers for dinner since neither of us felt like cooking. We watched a couple of movies and that was pretty much our evening.

Our boy did entertain us a bit Friday night. We were trying to decide which movie we wanted to get for them to watch with us. The Movies On Demand channel plays previews of several of the movies they have available for purchase. By the time we had decided what we wanted to watch, the previews had played through several times, and he had learned most of them and was mimicking them. At one point he had us laughing so hard that I was crying. The preview was for a movie that totally would not be appropriate for them to watch...heck, the preview wasn't even necessarily kid-friendly. But he was mimicking it and it was so doggone funny, I was practically rolling. I did instruct him never to do so outside our home though. He's a mess.

Saturday we went to visit the in-laws since the hubby's brother and his wife were visiting. The weather was gorgeous again, so we decided to ride the bikes up. It was a bit windy, but we had an awesome ride! The kids love riding with us, and I'm getting a bit less nervous every time I ride with one of them on the back. While we were up there, the hubby gave his brother's wife a ride on the back of his bike when they went up to the house his dad's restoring. I think she really enjoyed it. Then when they got back, he took his brother for a ride. He was laughing later, telling me that his brother probably had bugs in his teeth because he was grinning and laughing the whole time. Later he was talking about how fast the hubby's bike was and how awesome it felt. I told him I hated to tell him this, but my bike is faster than the hubby's. They thought I was kidding until P verified it for them. Plus, my motor is rubber-mounted while the hubby's is mounted to the frame, so I can feel a constant vibration with mine. :-) It just FEELS more powerful. I might have to take them for a ride on mine next time.

The kids stayed with the in-laws last night, so the hubby and I rode home without them. I love riding with them, but feel like I have just a bit more freedom without them. At least I'm a little less tense right now. I'm a little more nervous riding at night, but I kind of enjoy it. I got a new jacket and matching chaps for Christmas. I was trying to find a photo online, but can't seem to. Anyway, the set is black with pink tattoo accents, and black and pink fringe. Fringe - yes, I know, very girly, but I LOVE the way it looks. If I can't find a photo I'll just have to have the hubby take a picture of me I guess. Anyway, when we were coming home last night, we came to a light that had turned red, and P pulled up beside me and said "your fringe looks AWESOME!" The light turned green before I could ask him to elaborate. So when we got home, I asked him about what he had said, and he told me that the fringe was reflective. Whoa, really? I really didn't know that when I got the outfit. Well, the jacket and chaps are both fringed, so I guess I'm reflective from my shoulders down to about my calves. How cool is that? Riding a motorcycle is all about visibility, and I guess you can't quite beat that. He said it was really cool-looking. He said the jacket looked like a big pink Thunderbird and the chaps looked like a swallow-tail, or something to that effect. I was afraid in the beginning it was a bit too much, but if it makes me more visible, especially at night, that can't be a bad thing. Way cool!

We went over to Sears today to pick out a refrigerator for the house. We rode the motorcycles over, and it was pretty cold. Lots cooler today than it was even last night when we rode home. I didn't put my chaps on today and was wishing I had. After we were finished at Sears, we came home and traded the bikes for the Volvo. I can handle riding when it's a bit nippy, but don't want to ride with the kids unless it's warmer than it was today. But I noticed when we came back from the mall that I'm getting a lot more confident in my riding abilities, and it feels so good. I just love that this is a hobby that the hubby and I can share with each other, and can also share with the kiddos.

Spring is on its way...lots of great riding weather coming!

I have some other things to blog about, but have to get some school work done first. But just a hint of what's to come...my gripes about drivers around here and a very rare sports entry.