Thursday, March 22, 2007

Back to the Weight Loss

With all the stress of my job and the decision to quit over the last couple of months, my weight loss efforts sort of fell by the wayside. It just became too much to focus on all at once.

Now that things are finally settling down some and I'm getting into a routine here at home, I've started the journey back up. I haven't actively been counting points, but I've been conscious of what I eat and how much. Today I opened the Weight Watchers website back up again and started tracking my points. So I guess I'm officially getting back on track. I've also decided to try to make it a little less overwhelming for myself. Yes, I have an overall weight loss goal, but I've also decided to set mini-goals for myself to make it a bit more manageable. Maybe as I succeed at the mini-goals, I'll keep up my motivation to keep going to the end.

I don't think I've mentioned this on here yet, but we have plans to go to the Outer Banks for the North Carolina HOG Rally the last weekend of April. I completed the registration and got our hotel reservations made before Christmas. It was part of the hubby's and my Christmas present to each other. So the registration is paid, the hotel is already paid for, and one meal is paid for. But I'm really excited about it. The point of all this is I plan to reach my first mini-goal in time for the rally. I want to have lost 10 pounds by then. Considering the weight I've gained back since falling off the wagon and the little bit I've lost again, I think this mini-goal is more than attainable. I might even surpass it, which would be AWESOME! I'm also trying to stay away from the scale except for once a week. That has been a huge source of stress for me, because I was stepping on it almost every day. Even though I KNOW that my weight will naturally fluctuate day to day, it still didn't make me feel any better if I weighed more on Wednesday than I had on Tuesday. It's been a mental and emotional battle for me, but I know I can do it.

The hubby told me the other night he expected to see me in a bikini this summer. Yeah, right! I don't know that I'll ever wear one of those again!