Monday, May 28, 2007

What a Weekend!

So we're back from our weekend trip to D.C., and I'm exhausted! It's a good exhausted, though. I love to travel, and we haven't gotten to travel nearly enough since we returned to the States.

We made it back around 6:00 this evening. We left Springfield around 11:00 or so this morning, so we made pretty good time getting home.

We had a busy weekend. Only one day of the weekend, Saturday, was reserved for sightseeing. Sunday was the Rolling Thunder rally and parade, although we were able to get a bit of sightseeing in after the ride. So needless to say, we barely scratched the surface. But this weekend was a weekend of remembrance for us all. I can't think of a better way to spend Memorial Day weekend than remembering and honoring those who gave their lives protecting our freedom.

I'll work tomorrow on writing about our trip and putting together some pictures. Tonight I'm too tired.