Wednesday, May 2, 2007

They Crack Me Up

Let me start this entry by saying, for those of you who don't know, that we have a cuckoo clock. We have a grandfather clock, too, but we haven't been able to locate the darn keys to the thing, so we haven't really gotten it going since we got back to the States. We got both of these clocks in Germany. We ordered the grandfather clock at one of the bazaars when the vendors came to Vilseck, and we picked up the cuckoo clock on a trip we took to the Black Forest after the hubby got home from Iraq. I love my cuckoo clock. It hangs on the wall right behind my hubby's recliner. It's funny, because I've gotten so used to it that I hardly notice it anymore.

Anyway, we were sitting here finishing up supper tonight and the little cuckoo bird let us know that it was 7 o'clock. Right after the clock finished doing its thing, J turned around and asked me what time it was.

Me: You didn't notice how many times the cuckoo bird sang?

J: No. (I guess I shouldn't be surprised - after all, I don't notice it so why should they?)

Me: He sang seven times.

J: Oh, so it's 7 o'clock.

Then my girl child chimes in here.

A: Mom, remember, we haven't been home all day!

What?? That was way out of left field. What on earth does that have to do with what we were talking about? When I asked her that, she had no answer. I asked her again, and still no answer. So I said, "you don't know, do you." She said, "nope." I just laughed. I wonder where her mind is sometimes.