Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tagged!

So I got tagged by LL. Here's how it works:

1. Go to the Billboard #1 Hits listings (scroll down and you’ll seen them separated by decades on the left in the sidebar)
2. Pick the year you turned 18
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs of the year
4. Pick 5 songs and write something about how these songs affected you
5. Pass it on to 5 more friends

I turned 18 in 1991.

July 27 - September 23: (Everything I Do) I Do It for You - Bryan Adams - I absolutely LOVED this song, as did most of my girlfriends back then I think. One of the best love songs at the time.

June 8 - June 14: More Than Words - Extreme - Man, what teenage girl didn't love this song? I used to have this song on cassette and I'd play it in my car, as loudly as I could, over and over and over. Probably drove my younger brother and sister crazy, but hey, it was MY car! Hahahaha!! Funny, I think I have this one on CD now somewhere. Either on my copy of Monster Ballads or one another girlfriend made.

February 9 - February 22: Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) - C&C Music Factory featuring Freedom Williams - Just thinking about this song makes me smile. Brings back memories of all my dance classes and prom. There was a teen club around here that we used to go to, and they played the heck out of this song.

April 20 - April 26: You're in Love - Wilson Phillips - I was a pretty big Wilson Phillips fan in high school. I loved their harmony. And this song was one of my favorites.

July 20 - July 26: Unbelievable - EMF - Another dance song. This is another one that the teen club we went to played the heck out of. I just loved this one, though, and it was another one I'd play over and over in the car. I have this one on CD now too, on one of the movie soundtracks I have (I love soundtracks). I just can't remember which one.

Thinking of these songs bring back so many memories. I can't believe it's been 15 years since I turned 18. Well, actually 16 years since I'll be 34 this year. Where does the time go?

Now I'm supposed to tag five people. I'll tag Butterfly Wife, Heidi, K, Mel, and Nicole.

Thanks for the tag, LL. That was fun!