Sunday, May 6, 2007

Road Trip Day Four (Sunday)

Sunday was the day we returned home from our trip to the Outer Banks. We had planned to sleep in a bit Sunday morning, but it just wasn't meant to be. So we got up and had breakfast, and then packed up our bag and the bikes for the trip home.

We had an uneventful ride back, and made quite good time. Besides the required stops for gas, we only stopped once to eat lunch. Well, that's not quite true, because the last time we stopped for gas was in Smithfield, and we visited our favorite dealership for a few minutes while we were there. We walked around and looked at the new motorcycles, and I dreamed a little bit about the comfort of a touring bike. After that, we left. I actually managed to stay out of the clothing store while we were there. I think that was a first.

We then rode the rest of the way home, parked the bikes, and pretty much immediately got in the car to go pick up the kids from P's parents' house, where they had spent the weekend while we were gone. I think they enjoyed their weekend with their grandparents almost as much as we enjoyed our trip. We then came home, had dinner, and got the kiddos in bed at a decent hour since it was a school night. They were really excited about the treats we brought them. J had to wear his T-shirt the next day, and they were tickled about having pins to put on their riding jackets.

On a personal note, I'm constantly amused at the reactions I get when I'm riding, whether the hubby and I are out together or not. On the way home Sunday, a small group of bikes passed us, going the same direction we were. No big deal...we pretty much go the speed limit, and we had been getting passed all day. This time, though, the last rider in the group slowed down long enough to ride beside me for a few seconds. I didn't think anything of it until I heard him rev his engine a couple of times. So then I looked over and he grinned and nodded at me before going on. I just smiled and nodded and laughed to myself. I've gotten some crazy reactions from people, and it always amuses me. The hubby got a kick out of it, too. We talked about it later, and I teased him, saying that it wasn't as bad as the Hooters Girl that was blatantly flirting with him one Sunday afternoon after we had eaten lunch there. Guess it's a good thing neither of us is the jealous type.