Monday, January 29, 2007

I Wish I'd Had My Camera...

Tonight J. had basketball practice. I know I've said this before, but I'm so proud of him. He just continues to get better every practice and every game. He did great tonight.

Well, the funny part came at the end of practice. I was sitting with another mom and we were talking and watching the kids practice. Well, after practice, J. took off his shoes and started putting his jogging suit back on over his practice clothes. As he finished getting dressed to go, the three little girls that are on the team all came over. They surrounded him and, in a very girly way, said "bye, J." while giving a very cute little wave. The other mom and I looked at each other and she said, "hmmm, ladies' man?"

Yep, the girls have always liked J. I told his daddy about it when we got home, and Daddy was quite amused. I asked J. why he thought the girls liked him so much. He looked appropriately embarrassed, as evidenced by the dimple in his cheek that shows up at times like this.

J.: I don't know.
Mom: Well, do you think it's because you're so cute?
J.: No!
Mom: Well, I think you're awfully cute! (Remember the aforementioned dimple? It appeared again.)

I didn't get the "Moooooooommmmmm" in protest tonight. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, though. So, is this what I have to look forward to as he gets older?