Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

MySpaceAnimations.com
Animations provided by MySpaceAnimations.com



Happy New Year to you all! I hope you had a great New Year's Eve and a nice day today, whatever you did to celebrate. P. and I had a nice time last night. The kids were with his parents, so we decided to have a date night. We haven't done that yet since we got back to the States, so it was great! We went and had dinner before heading over to the Cadillac Ranch in Fayetteville. Those of you who know us well know that we love to dance, and this is the first time we've gone out dancing since we got here. The Cadillac Ranch is a pretty nice club. I enjoyed the atmosphere there, and it didn't get overly crowded at all last night, which was a pleasant surprise for me. The one thing that surprised me was that they still allow smoking in the club. So many places don't allow it anymore.

When we got there, they gave us party favors, and the cover charge also included a champagne toast at the end of the night. Each person/couple received a little bottle of champagne as it got closer to midnight. Apparently they had extra, because we wound up with a total of four little bottles, and passed two on to other folks.

All in all, we had a great time. We did a little bit of dancing, although not nearly as much as usual. Maybe we'll get the chance to go out a little more often now. I'd like to join one of the other clubs which is a little closer to where we live, but you have to be with a member to get in. Today we just spent the day resting. P. had to go pick up the kids. When they got home they spent some time cleaning their rooms and played most of the day. They fussed a good bit of the time, so I know they're getting sick of each other. They have another week before they go back to school, though, so I hope they don't kill each other before then...lol! We picked up J.'s basketball uniform today, and his first game is Saturday. Wednesday will be the first practice he's been able to go to since he was so sick for a couple of weeks. So hopefully he'll get to play.

Here are a couple of pictures from last night:



Here's P. wearing my little New Year's hat. He refused to get one for himself, so I put mine on his head and made him wear it long enough for me to get a picture.




And here I am wearing my hat. I thought it was cute!

Somehow by the end of the night I ended up with a headband too. As you can see I had lots of fun with the party favors. I just love silly little things like that. We had noise makers too, and were as bad as the kids would have been with them.




New Year's resolutions? I'm going to stop working so much. Hopefully P. will be promoted by February, and then I'll be able to resign by the end of that same month. Then I'll be able to take more time to lose weight and get in shape to meet those goals too. I'm going to get back in the gym as soon as my time is freed up to do so.

Happy New Year everybody!