Tuesday, January 9, 2007

This and That...

So the kids went back to school today. They had a little over three weeks off. They're in year-round school here, and I really like the schedule. By the end of the second week, though, they were really starting to get on each other's nerves and fighting constantly. They had a pretty good break though. They were happy to go back to school, and I was ready for them to go back too...lol!

P. will be promoted on February 1! I found out yesterday and am so excited! I know he's happy too. Partially as a result of that, I'm quitting my job. Well, I had decided to quit before finding out about the promotion, but knowing when it will happen just helped determine when. I'm working through the end of February, and then I'm finished. I pretty excited about it. I'll be able to have more time to do the things around home that I need to do and to do the things with my kids that I want to do. They're too young for me to have to be working all the time, and I have to do what's right for all of us. I put my notice in with the lady I work most closely with today. Now I just have to send my resignation up to Corporate.

I have been inspired by a couple of friends to start my own weight loss journey. I started Weight Watchers this week, and it's going pretty well so far. Right now I'm doing the plan through their website. I might eventually start going to meetings...it would probably be very helpful for me, but right now I just can't. I guess I'll make a ticker to put on my page to keep up with my progress. Maybe having that out there will help keep me motivated.

That about covers what's been going on here. This week has started out pretty well. The beginning of the year is looking pretty good so far! Hopefully it will continue that way.
Roll