Saturday, July 21, 2007

Yummy

Last night I asked the hubby if he felt like going to Carrabba's for dinner. I had heard a commercial on the radio a couple of times about their Cozze in Bianco (Mussels in White Wine) and had started having a craving. Yeah, I tease my kids about being commercial junkies, and I guess in this instance, I fall into this category. But I just love mussels in white wine sauce, and haven't had them since leaving Europe. Well, Friday night, the hubby didn't feel like going out. For that matter, I was moody and picking arguments, so it was probably not a good time to go anyway.

Today we worked on straightening up the house. The hubby went through a box of military books that has been in my kitchen for more weeks than I can remember. I got some cleaning done, to include the kitchen floor which I have been needing to do for a while. I pretty much have the downstairs done to the point where I just have to maintain. I have a bit of work to do upstairs, but it will be nice once I get that done.

This afternoon I asked the hubby about going to Carrabba's for dinner tonight. He said he was open to it if that was what I wanted. Considering the fact that I really wanted it last night, I told him that yes, I did really want to go tonight. So we made plans to go. Woo Hoo!

The battery had gone out in my watch a little more than a week before, so I needed to take it out to have it fixed. Also, the hubby brought me a Breitling watch from Iraq that I had never work because it was too big (imagine that!). So we decided to take both watches with us tonight and go by the mall to take care of both problems this evening. Well, on the watch that needed a new battery, I paid $21.95 (or something like that...need to look at the receipt) for a lifetime maintenance deal where they'll replace the battery for me anytime in my lifetime without charging me again. I can deal with that. It was Reed's Jewelers, in case you're interested. They also removed a couple of links from my Breitling watch for me. Charged about $10 for that. Fits just about perfectly, with a little room in it. I'll need to have it adjusted again when I lose weight, but I won't worry about that until I lose the weight I want to lose.

We had a wonderful dinner at Carrabba's, of course. J had spaghetti with meatballs, and A had cheese pizza. I had their Lobster Ravioli which was one of their daily specials, and the hubby had one of their salmon daily specials. We weren't disappointed. For dessert, the kids had the Bambini Sundae each, and P and I split the Creme Brulee. Yummmmmmy!!

We spent too much money, but we rarely get to go to Carrabba's. For authentic Italian food, it's the best in the area, hands-down!! Christy, I thought of you as I was eating my Lobster Ravioli, since I was with you the first time I ever tried it. We really need to get together soon...definitely before you and the hubby leave the area!