Monday, July 30, 2007

FINALLY! - Updated

I got my car back today!!

After a week of thinking they'd be finished with it, they finally called me today to let me know it was finished. There were problems last week with computers and wrong parts and things of that nature. I was ecstatic when the girl called me this afternoon to let me know it was ready! There was only one problem. The hubby was in Raleigh today so couldn't get home to take me to bring it home. When I mentioned that to her, telling her I'd have to see about finding someone else to take me over, she asked for directions to our house and said they could bring it to me. WOOO HOOO! The frustrations of the previous week were almost forgotten...ALMOST!

She called after they got into the subdivision to clarify the last part of the directions I'd given her, so I walked outside about the time they pulled up. It was all I could do to keep from jumping up and down and squealing in excitement! Or maybe I did just that...who knows?

Anyway, after a little more than seven weeks, I finally have it back. Good as new!

Update

We went out to get some dinner tonight after the hubby got home. On the way there, a pickup truck in the oncoming lane kicked up a rock into my windshield and cracked it. Damn, I just can't get a break! Called the insurance company when we got home and there will be someone here Wednesday afternoon to replace it. It wouldn't be such a big deal except for the fact that it has already expanded quite a bit since it first happened. At the rate it's already expanded, it would expand across the entire windshield in no time. At least I won't have to be without the car for another seven weeks for that!