Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Better Day

After my complaining post last night, I thought it only fair to brag tonight.

I kept a friend's little boy today (actually a coworker of my sister). He had been sick and had to be out of daycare a couple of days, but neither Mom nor Dad could miss anymore work. I understand what it's like to be in a bind like that, since I've been a working parent, so I was happy to help.

I have to admit that my kids did more babysitting than I did. From the time the little guy got here this morning until the time he left (with the exception of lunch and nap for him), my kids had him upstairs playing. He had a great time, and didn't want to leave when Mommy came to get him this afternoon. J came down at one point and said the little guy was hiding in the closet. Awwwww!! I went upstairs and carried him down, and he and mom headed home. He's a good little boy, and had lots of fun. My kids had a great time playing with him, too. They both love little kids.

My mom and her boyfriend came over to visit for a bit tonight. The kids were down here visiting with them at one point, and I can't remember what J said, but I was fussing at him about not listening. He said something that cracked us all up:

"What's wrong with my earsight?"

I lost it! Kids come out with the funniest things sometimes!

But, after I complained last night, I just wanted to share today how great my kids are. And, yes, I did praise them and thank them for how good they were today. Positive reinforcement!!