Saturday, July 7, 2007

Role Reversal

There's been somewhat of a role reversal in my house this evening.

I'm quite hot-natured. I'm usually comfortable (or sometimes hot) when the rest of my family is complaining about being cold. I joke about having hot flashes, although people usually reassure me that I'm much too young for that.

This evening the hubby got up to adjust the thermostat. I asked him if he was cold. He said that he was actually hot. I'm sitting here thinking the temperature is just about right, and my kids are under a blanket. A few minutes later, I see him pulling on the front of his shirt. I guess I must have given him a look, because he looked at me and said, "I'm sweating!"

It really is a rare occasion in this house that he's hot and I'm not.

So what does he say next? "Maybe I'm going through menopause."

Oh hahaha! He's such a comedian!

I must admit, though, I haven't laughed that hard in a while.