Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Gone Again

Yay! I can add titles again! I'm really happy about that...Blogger was really messing with my OCD there for a few days.

The kids are gone again. The hubby's mom called me this afternoon to tell me that she had a doctor's appointment in Fayetteville today, and that my father-in-law had to visit a lady in the hospital. They wanted to stop by for a visit while they were down this way. She then asked if I needed some fresh veggies...they plant a garden every year. I told her that I certainly wouldn't turn down fresh veggies. Love, love, love veggies from the garden. Maybe next year we'll have the time to plan a garden here.

So they came by and brought me two bags of veggies, and took the kids with them when they left. This will be their last long vacation with Nana and Papa before they start school. They have to go back to school a week from today, on the 18th. I only feel a little bit guilty because I'm not going to be with my baby girl on her birthday. This is the second year in a row that she has spend her birthday with my hubby's parents, but I'm glad she can do that, because she shares a birthday with her Nana. So it's pretty special for them to be able to spend their birthdays together while we're here. They're going to the beach this weekend. The in-laws are going to be there for a week, but I'll of course have to go get the kids earlier so they can be back in time for school to start.

So the hubby and I have been enjoying some peace and quiet tonight. We went out and had a nice dinner, just the two of us, and were able to hold a conversation without constant interruptions. That's always nice. We were going to go to the beach for a couple of days with them, but turns out the hubby has to work this weekend. So we're going to have to try to figure out a time to go down and pick the kids up.

So we're going to enjoy our alone time while we have it. After all, we don't know how much longer we have to be here close to family. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!