Saturday, July 14, 2007

Porch Swing Blogging

Well, glider-rocker anyway.

We're experiencing a very rare cool, breezy July afternoon here in NC today. So I'm taking advantage of it by sitting on my porch watching my husband cut the grass and working on my school work. I'm just taking a quick break before I really get started. Haha

Today has been a busy day. I rode the hubby's new bike up to Smithfield for its first service since he had to work. Don't you know that was such a chore for me! The ride was great, but the waiting around for almost three hours wasn't. Oh well, it got done, and I enjoyed the opportunity to take a ride.

Today is my baby girl's birthday. She's 7 today. She and her brother are spending the weekend with their Nana and Papa at the beach. It's Nana's birthday, too, and this is the third year in a row they have gotten to spend it together. Last year they visited my brother-in-law and his wife and had a great time on the water there, and the year before the in-laws came to visit us and we were in Paris for their birthday. Their birthday also happens to be Bastille Day, so there was a big celebration, to include fireworks. I haven't gotten to talk to her yet today...got no answer when I tried my mother-in-law's cell phone. If I don't hear from them I'll try back this evening.

The hubby and I are really counting down the months to the end of his current assignment. We don't know what will be in store next, but it'll have to be better than this. He's just so stressed lately, and it's really wearing on him. His BN Commander actually tried to enlist my support last month to try to convince the hubby to extend for a year. I know he figures that I'd rather have him extend in his current job than deploy. He's sorely mistaken, and I told him so in no uncertain terms that day. I had rather my husband go back to doing the job that he loves, even if it means a deployment, than see him miserable for another year. The LTC acted shocked. Guess he doesn't know me as well as he thinks he does. And things have only gotten worse, so woe be upon him if he tries barking up that tree again next time I see him. He may get more than he bargained for there. I would REALLY have to speak my mind then.

Oh, and on the car front...looks like I might get it back around the 27th of this month, if all goes well. They called me the Friday before the 4th of July to tell me that once they had started on my car they'd had to order more parts. They had told me that was a possibility. She also told me that they were going to be off for three days the week of the 4th, so that would delay it even more. I called earlier this week just to touch base, and she told me they were having to replace the entire dash. Wow! Doesn't really surprise me, especially because of the airbags, but I guess I wasn't really expecting it. This week was when she gave me the ballpark date, although she did tell me they hoped to have it done sooner. Not as much as I hope they're able to! Will be interesting to see what the final cost of repairs is when all is said and done.

So that's about all that's new here. Lot of the same old stuff going on.