Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lots Going On

We've had a lot going on here. We're settling in to the kids' new school routine. Well, the kids and I are anyway...it doesn't really affect the hubby much. I can see right now that this is going to be a challenging year for the boy. Our PA warned me about that, but you can't really be prepared until it starts. The homework is completely different this year and he's been struggling. I'm having to remind him that I'm not going to just give him the answers to his homework. He asked me yesterday what the capital of North Carolina is, and I told him that if that was one of his homework questions he needed to learn how to find it himself. This should be an interesting year.

Sunday we had the baby girl's birthday party. She wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese's again. I swear that place seemed even louder this year than it was last year. I had a headache by the time we left. But the kids had a good time, and that's what matters. My sister's baby even got to get in on the fun. They put her on all the little kids' rides, and she seemed to enjoy it. Whenever one of them would stop, she'd start kicking her legs, wanting it to go again. She's so darn cute!

I'm working on finishing up my degree. I'm about halfway through my current course and have two more to go. I'm scheduled to finish in October. I can't wait!

The hubby's job is keeping him busy and frustrated as usual. We're counting down the months to the end of this assignment. I don't know what will be next, but it's gotta be better than this.

I finally started going to the gym again. I've been meaning to for a while. I knew that once I started going I'd feel better and keep going. I just started this week, and wasn't able to go this morning (I leave straight from the kids' bus stop after dropping them off) because the hubby needed the truck (and I STILL don't have my car back...hoping for this week). My biggest thing, though, is getting the motivation to START going. Once I make myself go the first time, I'm usually good. I've started being more careful about what I eat, too, as well as making myself eat something for breakfast. So hopefully I'll start losing the weight I want to lose and get in better shape.

So that's what's been going on around here. Never a dull moment in our house.