Friday, June 1, 2007

Silly Boy

So the boy has come out with some funny ones lately.

When we got back home Monday my mom was telling me about a conversation they'd had in the van on the way home. J had informed her that he knew how to drive the van. When she asked him what made him think that, the Princess told her it was because they've been driving the golf cart with the hubby's parents. He then told her that his Papa had also let him drive his tractor, which is a Ford. My mom's boyfriend's van is also a Ford. His eight-year-old logic told him that since he could drive the Ford Tractor, he could drive all Fords, meaning he could, of course, drive the Ford van my mom's boyfriend has.

So then my mom asked if he remembered driving her car. He said, "Yep, so that means I can drive all Hondas too." Apparently, though, when she let him help her drive she was still driving a Jeep Cherokee. Oh, ok, so that means he can drive all Jeeps. Then she asked if he remembered driving the ambulance when she was still volunteering with the Rescue Squad. Yes, he remembered, and he even reminded her, "it's a Ford." So that goes back to his former logic that he can drive all Fords. Hahaha!!

Tonight we went out to eat at our new favorite Sushi restaurant. The boy wanted to try everything on our combination plate, and loved everything he tried. I was kind of surprised, but not really surprised at the same time, if that makes sense. After all, we've always encouraged them to try things at least once. Anway, a while after we got home, he was ready for a snack. I was surprised he waited as long as he did before he asked for a snack. They wanted popcorn. Popcorn is a special treat for them...it's Daddy's favorite late night snack. So he looked at us and said "Please? Pretty please?" Then I hear this:

"Well, I AM pretty!"

I nearly rolled in the floor!

He's such a funny kid! I just love these little monsters so much!