Sunday, June 24, 2007

Our Weekend

Yeah, I know I haven't been writing much lately. Just haven't felt much like it, I guess. Haven't really felt like I had much to write about.

So the hubby and I have been kid-free since Wednesday night. Although we miss the kids, without a doubt, we have enjoyed the peace and quiet. I know the extended family in Alabama is enjoying the time they've gotten to spend with them. I talked to the kids briefly tonight, and they're having a great time. They were watching Willy Wonka when my mother-in-law called tonight. It was so nice to hear their little voices.

We got the chance to ride together a couple of times this weekend. We went out to lunch today and had to stop to put gas in my bike. As I was starting the pump, I noticed a wallet lying on top, sort of propped up on a narrow ledge just below the actual top of the pump. I opened it to see if I could find out who it belonged to, and found out it belonged to someone local. So while the hubby gassed up the bikes, I went in to get a phone book to see if I could get in touch with the wallet's owner (hoping he was listed). Found the name in the phone book, and the addy matched up with the addy on the license. Called him up and let him know I had found his wallet and where he could pick it up before handing it over to the folks behind the counter. He sounded very thankful, and the kid behind the counter almost sounded surprised when he took the wallet and told me to have a nice day. Hopefully if I ever lose my wallet, an honest person will find it and contact me in the same manner. The hubby and I just wanted to contact him and let him know where his wallet was before he panicked and felt the need to start cancelling credit cards and things like that.

The kids will be home some time tomorrow. I can't wait to see them and hug and kiss them! My mother-in-law was talking about taking them to the Outer Banks next weekend or the weekend after, depending on my brother-in-law's schedule. Maybe we'll all be able to go. The hubby is wanting to get some surfing in this summer, and the beach we usually go to (which is much closer at an hour and a half away) isn't really a great surfing spot, although it's a great family beach.

If there's a bad thing about year-round school, I guess it would be that the summer is lots shorter. But they have more breaks throughout the school year, so I think it all evens out.

That about covers it. Hopefully I'll get out of this slump I'm in soon and start blogging more.