Saturday, June 2, 2007

Recital!

The Princess had her dance recital this afternoon.

She did so well! I'm really proud of her, especially considering the fact that this was her first year of formal dance training.

When I went backstage with her during intermission to help her get changed from her ballet costume to her tap one, I ran into her ballet teacher, who was my dance teacher for every class I took every year for 9 years. Her school has grown a lot since I was one of her students, and she has several teachers who help her out. She told me that A was doing really well. When I told her how proud I was, she looked at me and said, "she's gonna be just like her momma."

That made me feel good. I just loved my dance classes with her. I learned so much, beyond just how to dance. It's good for kids on so many levels. The hubby even suggested putting the boy in dance...maybe tap and/or hip-hop. I was surprised, pleasantly. One thing's for sure...it would be good for discipline.

Here are some pictures of her in her ballet and tap costumes. I couldn't take pictures during the recitals, but I had my video camera. I don't know how (or if I even can) to get the video from my Hi-8 camcorder to the computer and then to DVD. Haven't had time to research it yet.

Did I mention how proud I am? I guess we've come full circle...at least that's kind of how I felt as I was there helping her get ready like my mom used to help me.
Taking her picture between routines. Nana was trying to take her picture too...she wasn't sure which camera to look at.

I had her attention here...this was her ballet costume, by the way.


In the dressing room in her tap costume. So cute!

Another one in her tap costume...I wanted to be sure we could see the gloves

I ordered professional photos from the photographer who was there Thursday night at dress rehearsal. I'll try to remember to scan those in once I get them.