Sunday, June 10, 2007

Making Progress

So we spent today working on turning our new house into our home. It's nice to finally be able to focus our attention on our own house.

I have the need to finish one room at a time. If I work on several rooms at once, none of them gets finished, and I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. I need that feeling of accomplishment. So today my project was the kitchen. The hubby had several different projects going at once...which is his style. He hung some things on the walls, worked on getting some work done in the garage, and then decided to put up the volleyball net we bought several weeks ago.

After he got the volleyball net up and we had all had lunch, we told the kids to put their shoes on and I took a break and we went out and played a bit of volleyball with them. It was mostly teaching them about how to hit the ball over the net, but it was fun, and they enjoyed it. Then they started complaining about being hot (it's June in NC...it's gonna get lots hotter before it gets cooler), so the three of us came in to get some water and I got back to work on the kitchen. The hubby set up the sprinkler in the back yard and we let them play in the sprinkler while the grass got some much needed water. Is there much better when you're a kid than playing in the sprinkler in the summer time?

I managed to get finished in the kitchen today. Everything now has a place and has been put away. The floor has been cleaned, just in time for the kids to drop bit of food on it at dinner tonight. I'm very happy with the way it looks. I still have a lot to do, but I'm one room closer to being finished.

The hubby and I also went upstairs today to decide the best way to arrange the bonus room to utilize it in the ways we had planned. We finally came up with a solution, so that will be an ongoing project for both of us as we finish everything else.

We're watching "Eragon" tonight. The kids are out of school (except for testing for the boy this week...that's a different blog entry). The Princess complained briefly that it's a scary movie, but she climbed in the recliner with Daddy and is happy as a little clam watching now.

I truly am blessed.