Friday, June 15, 2007

Finally!

So LL blogged a couple of days ago about her frustrations about not getting to ride this year. I've been feeling the same way since we got back from D.C. Yes, I've put in more time riding so far this year than she has, but I still wish I could get out there more.

The hubby has gotten to ride every day pretty much. He rides in to work daily. It's nice because it saves on gas, but I'm a bit jealous. After all, the kids are out of school and I can't exactly go out on the bike by myself with both of them.

My mother-in-law came to pick up the kids yesterday afternoon. The hubby had a retirement ceremony and organizational day that we had to attend today, and they told us that there would be no activities planned for the kids. So we didn't want to take them because we knew they'd be pretty bored.

Last night since we were alone, we took the bikes to get dinner, which was the first time I'd ridden since Memorial Day. Man, it felt good! Then we decided to ride to Raleigh today. The forecast called for PM showers in Raleigh, and few showers here today. There were some dark clouds when we left, but they were moving south, so we decided to chance it. I'm so glad we did. We had such a great ride up! The retirement ceremony was nice. I really like the outgoing CSM...she's a really neat person. I'm glad she's staying in the area. She rides, and we'll hopefully get to ride with her while we're still here. Then we went to organizational day. Not a whole lot of fun. The planning just wasn't that great. Oh well. The ride back was great though! The weather really held out for us all day, although there was a pretty menacing cloud when we got home. At least we stayed dry. I feel much better after getting the chance to ride some this weekend. Hopefully this time it won't be so long between rides!