Saturday, June 9, 2007

Disgusted

I'm so disgusted with myself right now it's not even funny.

I had a car accident last night. Yep, wrecked my (relatively) new Volvo. I was pulling out of the parking lot of a local gas station and didn't see an oncoming car. So I hit the right side of it. The hubby was with me, but the kids weren't. They spent the night with my sister last night. Everybody is ok.

So right now my car is sitting at the yard of the wrecker service. I called the insurance company last night and filed the claim. Hopefully they'll be able to repair it and fairly quickly. I'm afraid the other car may be totalled. I feel so bad about that too. Someone told me last night that often the insurance will make the decision to total a car if the airbags deploy. Both of the airbags deployed last night. So I'm a bit concerned about that...but we'll see.

Most important thing, though, is that everybody's ok. I'm glad the kids weren't with us. It's funny, because I was telling a friend about it today and she asked me how it was that it always has worked out lately that if something like that happens our kids aren't with us since they go pretty much everywhere with us. I don't know, but I'm very thankful. The Good Lord is watching out for them, I guess.

I'll post updates as this plays out.