Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New Old Toy

Last year the kids got a PlayStation 2 for Christmas. Ever since we moved into this house, it's been sitting in its box up in my bedroom. Yesterday I finally brought it downstairs, unpacked it, and reconnected it to the TV in the family room. J. got a new PS2 game from my sister and her husband for Christmas this year and has been dying to try it. So we turned it on and let them play a little while yesterday. A. gets frustrated with it really easily, so we make her take a break from it when she starts whining.

Today I went in to work at Fort Bragg. I hadn't been in to the hospital since last Wednesday. I ended up only being there for a couple of hours today. I got finished with what I needed to do, and told the lady I work with that I was going to work from home for the rest of the day. Besides, P. wasn't feeling well and was still trying to rest when I left post. I also told her that if I didn't hear from her this week, I wouldn't be back out there. There's no point in my driving all the way out there (about a 25-30 minute drive) when there's nothing for me to do. I'm going to be working from home all next week, too, because the kids don't go back to school until the 9th of January, and P. goes back to work next week.

Anyway, so I got home from post, and the kids wanted to play the PS2. Since J. got to play his new game yesterday, I let A. pick what she wanted to play first today. She chose Robots, and they played that for a while. Then they got tired of that, and by that time P. had gotten up and come downstairs. So he played it for a while. After I made him stop, J. wanted to play a car racing game, DT Racer, that he got last year. I had so much fun watching them play that game. A.'s not really good at games where she has to steer a car while also having to concentrate on the accelerator and brake. The steering on that game is really sensitive, too, so she kept running into the walls. Well, at the end of each round, J. would do a Replay and they would watch the race again. We all really got a kick out of that. You could see J.'s car take off down the track, and A.'s car would be ricocheting off the walls. I laughed so hard I cried.

I've been doing some thinking the last few days about my job situation. I know I don't want to stay with the company I currently work for. I'm going to be resigning from this job in February or March. I interviewed for a job on post last Wednesday. My dilemma will come if I'm offered that position, because I'm really starting to think that I want to take a break from it all. I want to spend more time with my kids while they're young, and then I can also have the time to do the things I want to do and take better care of myself, too. We'll see. Yes, we'll have to tighten things up, but it will really be worth it if we're all happier.