Thursday, December 14, 2006

Birthday Boy

Today is my husband's birthday. He turned 35 today. The day started out pretty normally. I got up, got the kids ready and off to school. He got up and we both got ready and went to work. I called him on my home from work, and apparently one of the regular updates their computers get contained a virus, so he was pretty much out of commission for the rest of the afternoon (gotta love technology). So he came home and we went to do a little Christmas shopping. Then the kids and I took him out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Yummy! It was J.'s choice, by the way. Then we went to Walmart to get a couple of things that A. needed for her class party tomorrow. Each of us took a kiddo and went separate directions. We let each of the kids pick out a Christmas present for each other.

We had a nice afternoon, and a nice evening. It was significantly less stressful than most we've had for the last several months. The kids get out of school two hours early tomorrow for their Christmas break. They're out for three weeks! They're really looking forward to it, and so are we.

P. and I have an anniversary this weekend. More to come about that later...