Saturday, August 19, 2006

Closets!

OK, it's the little things that make me happy. I guess I didn't really realize how much I missed having closets until we got back here and have them again. We lived on the economy in Germany, and German houses have no closets. Yes, the government had wall locker type things that they provided, but they were tiny. We had one in each bedroom upstairs, and one downstairs. They were nowhere near big enough to hang all of our clothes in. OK, the ones in the kids' room were big enough for their clothes, but they're little. P. and I put as many clothes in ours that we could, but they were so packed in there that it was nearly impossible to find anything. And trying to get my shoes in there? Forget it!

In the house we're renting here, we have a huge walk-in closet in our bedroom. A. has a smaller walk-in closet (we figured she needed the room with the bigger closet since she's a girl), and J. has a closet that's plenty big enough for him. It's bigger than the wall locker things. Today I've been trying to organize our clothes. I can actually get all of our clothes in the closet, and can even organize them. I have all of P.'s uniforms together, the ones he uses every day in front of those he doesn't wear very often, then I have his shirts organized, etc. This is very important for an OCD person like me. :-) So today I'm feeling a little bit better about being back in the States.