Monday, August 13, 2007

Ugh!

My allergies are giving me a fit today. At least I hope it's just my allergies. I've been sneezing all day, my nose is stopped up, and my asthma is acting up a bit (which only happens when my allergies flare or I get sick). I REALLY hope I'm not coming down with something. I really don't have the time or patience for that.

I've been tired and cranky all day, which I thought was just because I didn't sleep well last night. I got a bit too much sun while outside helping the hubby with the fence all weekend, so had a little difficulty getting comfortable. My own fault, I know, but it still hurts! But maybe my crankiness has more to do with my allergies or whatever it is I'm trying to come down with.

The idiot drivers around here didn't help matters any today either. I went to meet the hubby for lunch today, and was sitting at an intersection getting ready to turn right. I had a red light and the left turning lane facing the same direction I was facing, as well as across the intersection, had a protected left arrow. Meaning I had to wait for the people turning left from across the intersection to clear the intersection before I could make a right on red. Well, the idiot behind me blows his horn at me wanting me to go. Then, a little ways down the road, the car in front of me needed to make a left turn. We were on a two lane road, one lane in each direction, and of course the car in front of me had to stop to wait for traffic. I stopped behind him, and the car behind me stopped as well. A pickup truck two cars back from me decided it would be a good idea to come around everybody on the shoulder, nearly taking off my mirror. You know, with everything I have been through with my car, I would have had a hissy fit, let me tell ya! So I was fuming by the time I met the hubby at the restaurant, which didn't make me very pleasant company for him.

Then I came home and tried to get some rest before going to meet the kids at the bus stop. My baby girl didn't get off the bus at the stop. This is the third time this has happened in about two weeks - not with my kid, but another little girl who rides the bus has missed the stop a couple of times. Isn't it the bus driver's responsibility to make sure the kids get off at the right stop? I had a few words with her this afternoon, especially when she tried to use the excuse "some of the kids just don't want to get off the bus." Yeah, I don't THINK so! It happens again, I'll be up in the school office before she even has a chance to get back with the bus. I really miss the bus driver the kids had last year...he was great!

So that's what's going on around here. I still need to take some pictures of what we've done here at the house, but I have to locate my battery charger first. Can't remember when I had it last...imagine that!