Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Request

I got an email today from a friend of mine I met through blogging. I'm not sure where this woman gets the energy to do all the things she does for our servicemembers. She's a working mom, regularly sends care packages to our troops overseas, and now is involved in a charity for wounded heroes.

I'm behind on reading my favorite blogs, or else I'd have posted something about this earlier. Fortunately, I got an email from her today asking me for help. All she's asking for is a couple of minutes of your time to vote for the charity.

America's Wounded Heroes is a new charity. You can find their temporary website here. Yes, you can donate there, and I know they appreciate donations, but that is not what they're asking for at the moment. But you can read their mission statement there.

They're currently involved in a contest to win funds for the charity, and they are depending on votes. All you have to do is register at the website, and it's free, in order to be able to vote for America's Wounded Heroes. All it takes is a couple of minutes, and is a small price to pay. You can go here to vote. America's Wounded Heroes is about the eighth down on the list.

Thank you all!