Monday, August 6, 2007

Another Kid Quote

I'm supposed to be finishing up a paper that is due for my class that ends tonight, but I needed a brief break. So I thought I'd put up another funny from my daughter.

We're eating dinner tonight and were talking about my sister's baby. I had mentioned that I'm not going to be keeping her this Thursday (I usually have her every Thursday and Friday) because they have a doctor's appointment (probably her well-baby check, but I didn't ask). So the kids asked me if I would still have her on Friday (they love getting to see her those two days every week), and I assured them that I would as far as I know. Then the following conversation took place between the Princess and myself. Remember...she just turned 7.

Princess: Mommy, when is the last week we're going to have the baby (my sister will be putting her in daycare some time in the not-too-distant future).

Me: Baby, I don't know. I told you last time you asked me that I didn't know.

Princess: That was a rhetorical question.

Hubby looked at me, and I looked at her.

Me: What? You don't even know what rhetorical means.

Princess: It means don't answer.

Hubby and I both just started laughing. Can't argue with that. As the hubby said, not only did she know the word, but she used it properly. She then says, "you always laugh at me when I say something wrong." We assured her that she didn't say anything wrong, that she actually had said it just right, which is part of why it was funny. Hubby then informs me, "that's YOUR daughter." Yep...she gets the brains from me! So glad he could admit it!
Wakka Wakka